Thursday, September 20, 2012

And God said, "Let there be torchLIGHT"

So this post has been a long time coming.  Working on Torchlight 2 has been an awesome experience, and i'm excited i finally get to show off some of the concept art, illustrations, pre-pro work and whatnot that I've worked on over the past 2.5 years. 

A lot of these concepts are quick and dirty, and I haven't really cherry picked any concepts(except a few here and there), I decided to post the good and the bad stuff.  Some are unfinished or even unused and I have included some sketches here and there, but i still have a stack of about 300 pencil sketches that i don't feel like scanning.  Maybe i'll post a video later of me flipping through the mighty sketchbook.  I hope everyone enjoys them as much as i enjoyed drawing and painting them!  Oh yeah, all the good monster stuff is at the bottom. 
















































































































































































21 comments:

  1. So full of sex and win! Cheers man!

    hmm...I think I see some WarmaHordes style references...

    ReplyDelete
  2. too much amazing art I can't handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this post more than any other. well done, sir!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm speechless, man, absolutely brilliant work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks so much guys, i really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very enjoyable to watch. magnificent work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the unedited and unfiltered art dump. Great stuff here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many amazing concepts, thanks for this inspirational post !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your color schemes are amazing! :D Bookmarked :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What can I say... I love your designs! Your art is probably what made Torchlight II so enjoyable for me. The enemies, the environment are so varied and memorable.

    Any chance you could post concept art of the Netherim Slashers (those ranged Glaive-wielding, long-neck four-eyed Netherim) and any previous concepts of the Manticore? The latter is perhaps my favourite design in the game.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything in this post so much. Great work man.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. Can't believe i've never stumbled across this. Thanks for the fantastic art and for helping make a fantastic game. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your work is absolutely amazing and is THE main reason I picked up Torchlight II – because I fell in love with the visuals and the design of the environments and the creatures. Please post more art from it if you have any more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow... I really love the environment and the creatures, they each have their own personalities so much I want to play the game now just to study them "in person" while they're "at work". I wish I can eventually concept like you...

    ReplyDelete
  15. very great concept ,love it a lot ~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for your post. It is very interesting, looking forward for your upcomping post. To know about us, please visit http://www.ly-can.net/

    ReplyDelete
  17. As soon as the summer starts, people start looking for cool places to visit during the summer vacation. If you are also planning to go to such a place to get rid of the heat, then there are many places to visit in

    summer in India where you can enjoy your summer vacation this time.
    tourist places in shimla

    ReplyDelete